Thanks to co-financing from Norway grants and the state budget within the project “Snina – a city ready for climate change”, the city of Snina was able to reconstruct public lighting RV0 07 on the streets – Jesenského, Lesníckej and Pčolinská at the beginning of March. At the same time, the reconstruction itself is an important adaptive measure within the framework of energy-saving and smart solutions, which will contribute to a better preparedness of our city for climate change.
Reconstruction of RV0 07 consists of a wide range of works, such as:
- Replacement of existing luminaires and booms.
- Installation of new luminaires with LED technology.
- Replacement of existing switchboards.
- Installation of new switchboards with connection to remote control and diagnostics of the lighting system.
- Connection between masts stored in the ground.
To date, 58 luminaires have been replaced as part of the refurbishment. At present, work is underway on the installation of concrete and steel masts, as well as their interconnection. After the completion of the reconstruction of RVO 07, we will continue with further reconstructions of obsolete public lighting in other parts of Snina. Also thanks to financial assistance from Norway grants, we can contribute to improving the quality of life in our city.